Sunday, January 10, 2010

Above the Mantle



I had a lot of fun just before Christmas trying to find things that "enhance" my beaded art quilts.  These  were originally made for Karey Bresenhan's Journal Quilt project for the International Quilt Show.   I wanted to do something that involved a theme, and I kept thinking about how it would be interesting to use small objects, buttons, beads and other items as color rather than theme or embellishment.  Since then, these 8.5x11 inch pieces have been in shows in different parts of the country.  Presently, they are in residence above my fireplace at Crossways, my house in Vermont.

I have a lot of fun collecting objects for these projects.  I have every intention of leaving a large stash behind when I die.  I never want to run out.


No comments:

Post a Comment